Questions? Click here to ask our Doctors.
- Immediately after treatment, there should be erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site, which may last up to 2 hours or longer. The erythema may last up to 2-3 days. The treated area will feel like a sunburn for a few hours after treatment. The application of ice during the first few hours after treatment will reduce the discomfort and swelling that may be experienced.
- Antibiotic ointment may be used for 3-4 days but is usually not necessary. We recommend only aloe vera gel or ice after treatment. Darker pigmented people may have more discomfort than lighter skin people and may require the aloe vera gel or antibiotic ointment longer.
- Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment unless there is epidermal blistering. It is recommended to use NEW makeup to reduce the possibility of infection.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation. Use sunscreen (SPF 25 or greater) at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid picking or scratching at the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal treatment products or similar treatment (waxing, electroloysis, or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle on the treatment area for 4-6 weeks after the laser treatment is performed. Shaving or depilatories may be used.
- Anywhere from 5-14 days after treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or Loofa sponge.
- After the axillae or underarms are treated, use a powder, instead of a deodorant, for 24 hours after treatment to reduce skin irritation.
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat skin gently, as if you had a sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
Find out if laser therapy is right for you!
For a Free Consultation, or simply
to request more information,
call or click here to contact us online.
Home | About | Services | FAQ | Directions | Contact
©2001-08 Laser Skin Aesthetics. All Rights Reserved.